Thursday, May 24, 2012

Of fun questions and tidbits about me

While browsing blogs, I ran across one of those challenge/meme things, and I rather liked two of the question sets (Amy's and Phoenix's, from Stripy Tights and Dark Delights and The Cemetery Dreamer, respectively), so I'm just mooching off of their question ideas, haha. It's all for you, my dear Ballroom guests, so I hope you'll enjoy reading. (Well, actually it's because I thought it seemed fun, but we can just pretend.)

So, these questions are from Amy, who I believe started the challenge. (I could be mistaken.)

1. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Kamijo from the band Versailles (who narrowly wins over Jillian Venters). Drama, romanticisim, idealism and an amazing voice all in one! My inner bishounen (what, you didn't know I had one?) is basically Kamijo with a blacker wardrobe. Which leads us to:

2. Describe your style in ten words or less.


Ethereal, monochrome, detailed, darkly dripping decadence, romantic, Faerie, black roses

3.What was your worst ever style disaster?

Well, up until the end of my first year of college (!) I was wearing a ponytail, t-shirt & jeans/some other boring type of pants and CROCS. To be fair, they helped with my feet which had developed plantar fascitis (= the soles get really sore) at that point. I was totally a goth inside, I just hadn't decided to "come out" yet.

4. Where in the world would you most like to visit?

Tokyo. And Ireland. Oddly enough, one of my goth protagonists (in my series in progress) is from Ireland, and the other one just moved to Tokyo.

5. Have you ever been in love?

Please. I've been in love with fictional and real people. Sometimes both at once.

6. What are you currently coveting?
I want a pair of decent boots! Lace up and tall, or maybe platform. Or those adorable yet fierce goth loli boots. *broods over lack of favorite footwear*

7. What is your funniest childhood memory?

I'm told that when my parents and I were in the backyard one time, I was heard to say (to no-one in particular) "Go round front!" As in, I went round to the front yard. My dad said, "Well at least we never have to wonder what her plans are."


Despite being more secretive now, I still think out loud a lot. Some things are too important not to be said! Listeners are optional (and sometimes not preferable, actually). Anyway, I'm an extrovert (totally ENFP yeah!) and both my parents are introverts, which seems to have generated a lot of amusement before they (sort of) got used to me.

8. What is your guiltiest musical pleasure?
Well. Hmm. I sorta like Lady GaGa. One of my best friends loves her, so that's my excuse. ;)

9. What is your favourite way to unwind?


Documentaries about SPACE!! Seriously. I'm such an astronomy nerd...


10. What was your most recent embarrassing moment?
It's more like, when have I recently overcome my sometimes debilitating anxiety about this kind of thing? Which, I suppose, would have been last night when I was talking with a friend, about...*stuff.*


11. What is your favourite movie?










Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away, I'd have to say. I love epic fantasy-based live action movies too though, and have recently expanded my love of fantasy to include sci-fi (preferably both at once! Space is too wondrous not to be a valid setting for fantasy... with or without science).

Okay, now for the questions posed by Phoenix at The Cemetery Dreamer!

1. If you could be any fictional/historical character, who would you be? 
Ooh, that's hard. Probably my character Umeko, because I really admire her inner strength. She's a gothic lolita with the type of sure calm idealism that lets her take the world (or Faerie) by storm, and also her symbol is black roses, the same as me.  :)


2. What is your favorite animal and why?
Ravens maybe. And bats.
...I think the reasons are obvious. But besides those, I love cats, and I always liked dolphins as a kid. There's something mystical about the ocean.

Oh! That reminds me, I also had a childhood fondness for snakes (they feel so awesome to pet!) which has been finally...uh, affirmed or vindicated or something, because my goth big brother has a sweet little python. She's adorable!


3. If you could time travel, what would you do?
Travel with The Doctor, naturally! Most definitely the Ninth Doctor. I love him.

4. Which band/musician do you most want to see live?
Versailles! *Oh, Kamijo-sama...*

5. What body mods do you have/want to get?
None so far (except earlobes) but I'd love to get an eyebrow piercing sometime, and maybe an upper ear piercing. If I got a tattoo it might be some sort of wings on my shoulderblades (probably raven wings, or butterfly or moth), incorporated with black roses and my beloved thorny vines.

6. If you had to pick one outfit from your wardrobe to describe your style best, what would it be?
That's easy--the dress I just finished! Yes yes, I shall post pictures of it at my earliest opportunity. My Black Rose Faerie dress. ^-^

7. What is your dream job?
Being a Japanese interpreter for Lolita fashion models and Visual Kei musicians and other such wonderfully alternative people. I want to help them break the language barrier with their fans.

8. What is the best holiday you've ever been on?
This is hard, since I travel so much but only to visit family, not really to take a holiday in the usual sense. Well, this past winter I got held up in Phoenix due to a snowstorm, and had a chance to spend the day visiting the Grand Canyon and Lowell's Observatory. It was fantastic.

9. What's the worst haircut you've ever had?
I don't cut my hair that often. Hmm well I did cut my hair once as a kid. It didn't turn out too bad though, amazingly.

10. If you won the lottery, what would you spend the money on?
Crafting supplies, boots, travel, and plenty of savings.

11.  What is your favorite quote?

I don't have one in particular, but there's this:

Resignedly beneath the sky
The melancholy waters lie
So blend the turrets and shadows there
That all seem pendulous in air
While from a proud tower in the town
Death looks gigantically down.

Poe, of course. About a city I'd love to visit. Alas, it's fictional.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you for answering my questions =]
    Great answers, I hope you do get to be a Japanese interpreter some day and that we both get to visit some of Poe's fictional locations, even if it's only in dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, and you're welcome!
    I have a fae city inspired by that poem (in my in-progress writings) so maybe whoever wants can visit it in that way too. :D ^-^ Anyway, yes, dreams are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...