Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Of shiny things and Polyvore!

First of all, Happy Halloween! Because for those of us in the States, that season is distinctively approaching, with its air of spooky whimsy. And for those of my dancers in a country that doesn't celebrate Halloween, I send my love and a massive platter of chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting and bat sprinkles. (When virtual goodies are all you've got, make them extravagant.)

Happily I've discovered a source for post material when I'm out of ideas: Polyvore. Last night I started making 'costume sets' to represent various characters, partly to celebrate the arrival of spooky season.  But this one in particular is inspired by a character of my own, a goth girl whose style is very loli-esque.

Black Butterfly~


Her name's Taralyn Brennan, and she's from the US but recently moved with her family to Tokyo. She chose black butterflies as a personal symbol, hence the title. She's a romantic and a dreamer, but can be subject to bouts of extremely giggle-inducing silliness.

Since she's one of my main characters, I'm kind of excited to have Taralyn as the theme in the Ballroom's first Polyvore set--not least because she named the Ballroom, essentially. In the books-in-progress, she has recurring dreams about a ballroom (that turns out to be real, naturally), and she wrote (in-universe of course) the song lyrics over there to the right. That ballroom is the one I visualize when thinking of this blog as an actual place.

Thanks for reading, and stay ruffly and spooky till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...